For the past few years, my in-law's garden have a been pretty popular nesting ground for birds during spring time. My husband's dad will update us every year how many bird nest he found in his garden! It's such an amazing experience to see how each egg hatch into a tiny bird. They look extremely cute, like a ping pong size fluff ball!

Unfortunately, a tragic event happened this year. One of the bird nest with 2 tiny baby birds were eaten alive by giant ants! My in-law's said they heard the mother bird chirping quite loudly one day and went out to see what happened. They saw a bird nest being invaded by ants and 2 baby birds lying motionless in it. My father in-law managed to bury the 2 baby birds, but the poor mother bird refused to leave. Luckily the other nest was spared from being invaded by giant ants.

Once the hatchlings shed their fluff and have stronger wings, the parents start teaching them how to fly. Often times, we see a few tiny birds flying vertically up and dropping down again. It's quite cute to see them all being so clumsy. 

This week's nail art was inspired by those beautiful spring birds! This is my first attempt using 3D gels to draw birds. My husband looked at my nails and asked why were there penguins perched on the tree? Hahaha guess I still need more practice.



 

 



 



Nail colour used was 2 coats of OPI's An Affair in Red square and 1 coat of Nfu Oh's 59 (sheer berry red with gold flakes). I also tried using the Turner Acryl Gouche from my latest haul. The acrylic paint pigment was really good and blended very well!

I've recently bought more stuff again! Will post them up once I get them all sorted out.
 

Comments (12)

On November 14, 2009 at 6:56 AM , Anonymous said...

Gosh Jin!! They are absolutely stunning nails! I love the red combined with the black and gold. Looks so elegant. Simply beautiful! Thank you for another fantastic post! I hope you are going to wear those nails for a few days :)

 
On November 14, 2009 at 8:49 AM , Jin said...

Thank You Danielle I am definately going to wear this set of nails for a full week or more!

 
On November 14, 2009 at 9:40 AM , Anonymous said...

OMG, this is the coolest manicure I've have ever seen! I really, really LOVE this!

 
On November 14, 2009 at 2:23 PM , Jin said...

Hi Asami thank you so so much!

Really want to thank everyone who's given me all these positive comments. I really appreciate it.

 
On November 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM , Lucy said...

This is really lovely. Your manicure looks like beautiful Asian silk.

 
On November 17, 2009 at 12:28 AM , Jin said...

Hi Lucy, thanks for visiting my blog! Humm I've never thought of this as Asian silk. Now that you mention it, it does have some resemblance. I love getting inspiration from textiles. Maybe I'll start looking at more silk patterns!

 
On November 17, 2009 at 8:29 PM , Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Wow this is Cool hehe :)

 
On November 17, 2009 at 9:50 PM , Jin said...

Thank You Ena! I am going to Metalicus tomorrow and it's all your fault! Hahaha.

 
On November 18, 2009 at 11:11 PM , Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Did you get anything? :) the reason i went last time was because they go their new spring stock, very pretty this time :)

 
On November 19, 2009 at 11:28 PM , Jin said...

Sigh... I so wanted to go but I have been working till 7 plus every night most of this week! I may try to go this weekend or sometime next week. The stuff u featured looked so nice!

 
On December 2, 2009 at 1:31 AM , ThRiSzHa said...

omg!! i love this so much!!
P.S. i saved a pic of this mani... i love it so much!! u're genius..

 
On December 2, 2009 at 8:15 AM , Jin said...

Hi Thriszha I am glad that you like this design! No problems with saving it. Will you be trying to recreate it? Let me know if you need any help.