The Gracia Gel I used last week was still intact. I noticed some lifting near my cuticles by day 4, but the gel stayed on the nail and didn't come off. I noticed that Gracia gels come in many different colours. I'm very tempted to get a few more to try!

This weekend, I researched on folk art and looking at how I can incorporate those hand drawn flowers onto my nails. The hard part is to also teach my left hand to draw as effectively as my right so that both my hands can have the same floral pattern. I am not sure how many hours of practise this will take!

Here are some nail art I did a while back. When I first started to grow my nails long, I like them shaped like this. Do you guys prefer them square or oval?





The above was done with 3 coats of OPI Happy Anniversary. This was one of my first nail art where I tried using Striping Tape. One thing I learned applying them on is that you'll need thin sharp scissors to cut them off or else you'll end up with tiny bits hanging out of your nails. Also, there seems to be a clear transparent film on top of the tape, which I think is used to protect the metallic colour. This transparent film will lift off with wear. So either pile on lots of top coat to seal the tape or put some nail glue at the ends of each tape to keep it from lifting off.



 

This nail art was done with 2 coats of OPI Aphrodite's Pink Nightie. I loved this colour so much I actually finished using an entire bottle and bought a replacement bottle. Now a days, I have so many bottles of nail colour that I hardly ever had a chance of finishing a bottle of nail lacquer! The above nail art was completely done by using nail stickers. I found these cute lace stickers laying in a dusty coner in the shop heavily discounted. They were made of rubber (I think) and were very easy to apply. However, after just 2 days, the bottom lace bits started to chip off. By the end of a week, only the top part of the lace was still intact!

Comments (10)

On November 2, 2009 at 11:12 PM , ThRiSzHa said...

those are pretty..

 
On November 3, 2009 at 2:49 AM , Jin said...

Thank you thriszha!

 
On November 3, 2009 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous said...

I love the pink ones with the detail they are gorgeous. I looked at OPI's APN the other day - it's pretty... Is it extremely sheer with just one coat? I love your nail shape in these pics but personally I am a square fan. Great post xx

 
On November 3, 2009 at 9:17 PM , Jin said...

Hi Danielle, OPI's APN is quite sheer with just one coat. If you're using a new bottle, you may even want to use 3 coats. As the consistancy thickens over time, 2 coats will be sufficient. I like my previous 'ovalish' nail shape but everyone tells me square looks better. The shape is kinda sharp and I often poke a hole through my stockings or scratch my poor husband while sleeping! hahaha

 
On November 4, 2009 at 1:45 PM , Shanghainese Dumpling said...

I like the first one :) and ususaly I would prefer square nails.

 
On November 4, 2009 at 4:28 PM , Jin said...

Hi Ena, square nails are definitely more popular now. They are also easier to file into shape. However I am currently bored with my nail shape. I might go a little more oval next time.

 
On November 16, 2009 at 11:32 PM , Lucy said...

I like this shape you have here. I'm very tired of square nails. I also don't want squovals. I've reshaped mine but it does make me nervous to do so much filing. Your nail art is lovely. The pink is my favorite. Your so talented.

 
On November 17, 2009 at 12:48 AM , Jin said...

I do miss this nail shape a lot. I've been thinking of changing my current shape back to this one but I have the same feeling. Too much filing makes me nervous too!

 
On March 22, 2010 at 3:26 PM , Anonymous said...

i actually enjoy your own writing choice, very charming,
don't quit as well as keep penning because it just simply that is worth to look through it,
impatient to see a lot more of your well written articles, have a pleasant day :)

 
On March 24, 2010 at 9:21 PM , Jin said...

Thank you for your nice compliments!