Last week I tried making a 3D gel rose and was very happy with the result. I called the store immediately the following day and booked a whole box of 3D gels in different colours! I'll be practising making different kinds of 3D nail art and hope to post them up soon.

Part of my haul last week include this very cool Silver Acrylic Powder. When it's wet it looks like a drop of mercury. However, it dries up giving a matte silver look. I really like the texture of this acrylic powder because it sets really well and was very easy to mould. This acrylic powder series also comes in gold and bronze, but I only got the silver one this time.

I'm very happy with this week's nail art, It'll be so cute to match it with a pair of silver peep toe shoes. I'm thinking of doing a matching design on the toes too!







 

 

 
The right hand came out quite well too. I have been training my left land to draw and mould 3D nail art on my right hand. It's not perfect yet but have improved a lot!

Comments (10)

On October 11, 2009 at 9:05 PM , Anonymous said...

Gosh! I'd be so very happy with that design if it was mine. Those 3D bows are beautiful, I can't wait to see more of your 3D designs.

 
On October 11, 2009 at 9:37 PM , Jin said...

Thank you! I have only started using acrylic and gel for 3D nail art recently. It's really addictive but require lots of practice.

 
On October 13, 2009 at 3:14 PM , Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Wow I really like this one very pretty I like purple hehe :)

 
On October 13, 2009 at 6:16 PM , Jin said...

It's one of my favourite colours too! I am thinking of doing another purple set of nails with Lace. I hope it comes out better this time!

 
On October 14, 2009 at 7:57 AM , Anonymous said...

Ooh, silver acrylic powder! I've never seen silver before. Very cool. :)

 
On October 14, 2009 at 11:09 PM , Jin said...

Yes a lot of people have been asking me about the metallic acrylic powder. I think I should go get the gold and bronze as well!

 
On October 19, 2009 at 3:30 PM , Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Hey Jin, yeah it was fun hehe we should catch up sometimes maybe on your free days or something you can come over to my house we can play Wii Fit together hehe :)

 
On October 19, 2009 at 7:59 PM , Jin said...

Yah sure! Lets do that next time I have a day off!

 
On November 16, 2009 at 11:42 PM , Lucy said...

Love this silver look. I can't believe you just started to do this gel work. Beautiful.

 
On November 17, 2009 at 1:17 AM , Jin said...

Yes I've only just started using acrylics and gels. It's fun to be able to mould them into anything you like instead of being limited to the stickers.