Hi everyone, I am finally back! So sorry I've been away for such a long time, as I needed a break after my failed fertility treatment. I'm all good now :) and all ready to start blogging and doing nail art once again. Big thanks to everyone who kept visiting my blog during my absence and for leaving all those kind messages.

Just an update on my previous pink roses nail design. I was one of the most long wearing set of nails I've worn. I had them on for a little more than 4 weeks. Other than my natural nails growing out, I had zero tip wear and hardly any lifting. Only down side is it took me a couple of hours removing them and it involves heaps of manual filing and using my electric nail drill! I'll need to give gel and acrylic overlay a rest for now.

Today's blog title is called 'What to do with Alice?'. You must be wondering what that means? Well, I've been asking myself this question for 2 weeks after getting my hands on OPI's Absolutely Alice. I tested the nail colour first and although I love the glitter, I find the overall colour a little bit too dark for my liking. Therefore, instead of covering my entire nail with this nail polish, I choose to only cover half of it for some of my nails. I also choose some yellow and gold to brighten it up.


These were taken on a Saturday after 3 days of wear. It's winter now in Australia and I can't get enough sunlight during the weekdays to take any photos. It's always too dark in the morning before I go to work and the sun would have already set by the time I reach home.


The moon is drawn straight onto my nails using a gold acrylic powder. I added some large round glitters to make it more shiny. The large gold and silver stars are made using clear acrylic mixed with glitter powder. It's moulded separately on a piece of aluminium foil before gluing it onto my nails.


Close up look of the large glitters I added onto the moon and starts


Comments (15)

On August 1, 2010 at 10:50 PM , Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Hey Jin I'm glad that you're back to blogging now :) this is a lovely shade, looks like stars on the deep blue night sky, hehe hope that makes sense :)

 
On August 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM , Unknown said...

Good to hear Jin is fine.. :)
I like the blue sparkling sky with shiny stars and moon as company, but i'd like the moon to be slightly bigger, hehe...

and oow, though Malaysia doesn't snow, but winter makes me think of steamboat now, hmmm..... ^^

 
On August 1, 2010 at 11:29 PM , Jin said...

Hi Ena, yes I am back! It's good to be away to recharge for a while. But I really miss communicating with everyone online. Yes the colour does look a lot darker than it does in the bottle. Only problem with this nail polish is it only lasted for 2 days! I had to do lots of touch ups before taking these photos!

 
On August 1, 2010 at 11:38 PM , Jin said...

Hi Rachel, it's great to hear from you! I saw your new post. So envious you got the Nail Up magazine. Your nails look so pretty! Yes I agree with you. The moon was a little bit too small. you'll not notice it if not for the close up shots.

Yah Steam Boat and Sukiyaki are the best for winter. I've already had them twice this winter. If I have steam boat in Singapore or Malaysia, it'll need to be in an air-con room! hehehe

 
On August 2, 2010 at 2:14 AM , Alice @ NailsbyAlice said...

:) I'm happy to read a new post by you :) welcome back :) I really like this nail polish!

 
On August 2, 2010 at 10:21 AM , Jin said...

Thank you Alice! I'm happy to hear from all my blog readers too.

 
On August 2, 2010 at 12:53 PM , Anonymous said...

Hi Jin - lovely to see you back blogging. I think you are being so brave and very strong. Well done. I am really sorry things did not work out as planned. Love your pictures your nails are very pretty. Really like the blue on you. Gorgeous :) Danielle x

 
On August 2, 2010 at 11:27 PM , Jin said...

Hi Danielle, I really appreciate your support and encouragement through out this period. I am sad but have not given up yet. Will give it another go as soon as I settle some work commitments. It's been soooo busy at my work place lately. My nails are really brittle after removing the gel overlay. I have to pile on quite a few layers of nail polish to prevent it from bending! :)

 
On August 3, 2010 at 11:41 AM , ThRiSzHa said...

hey im happy to see ur bak... love the nails...

 
On August 3, 2010 at 6:59 PM , Violet LeBeaux said...

I'm really glad you're back Jin <3 You inspired me to order my first set of coloured acrylics over the weekend! I can't wait until they arrive :D Beautiful nail as usual, I love the stars!

 
On August 3, 2010 at 9:34 PM , Jin said...

Hey Thriszha, thanks for dropping by! Yes I am back hehe. I love your creativity too! I just had 2 broken nails:( had to cut them short now.

 
On August 3, 2010 at 9:53 PM , Jin said...

Violet, I am so glad you bought some coloured acrylics! Can't wait to see what designs you'll create with them. I just bought a red wine acrylic collection and a metallic collection. I'm thinking of mixing them together to create a rose design!

 
On August 10, 2010 at 10:19 PM , Katrina said...

ooh! that is gorgeoussss :) good seeing you back :)

 
On August 11, 2010 at 6:01 AM , makeupbykatie said...

This is so artistic! I wish i could have a steady hand so I could recreate this look(;

 
On August 11, 2010 at 8:31 AM , Jin said...

Thank you Katrina!

Hi Katie, it took me a while to even train my right hand to draw properly. hehe