I have been feeling really sick the past few days. Down with a cold, plus I've finally gone for my IUI (intrauterine insemination) last Friday. I was so nervous being my first time but it all went well. I have to self administer 4 more injections the next 2 weeks before going back for a blood test to see if it's successful. The needles have grown in size dramatically! These new injections are actually pragnancy hormones used to regulate your body for a baby if successful. I'm really scared of these needles now cos they are huge and the first one was really painful. Not looking forward to my second needle this Wednesday :(

This week's nail art is ultra sweet and cute. I keep looking at them after it's been completed. As usual, being a gel overlay plus tons of nail art, it took me nearly 5 hours to complete (while watching Korean drama) hehe :)

I'm going to show you another way you can use acrylic and craft scissors to create 3D lace for your nails. I made this tutorial a few days before painting it on my natural nails. 

Using my newly purchased gel colours, I mixed some cream and dusty pink colour.


Sorry about this photo, I can't seem to rotate it.


Using the 2 colours above, create a reverse french mani.


Using a bright red, white and green acrylic paint, draw some tiny roses randomly.


Cover with a layer of gel top coat and cure for 2 mins. See how shiny it becomes :)


For the 3D lace, you'll need an aluminum foil, white acrylic powder and a pair of craft scissors that cuts curvy design.


Mould a rectangle piece of acrylic on the aluminium foil. Lift the acrylic while it's still bendable and cut it on both sides length wise with the craft scissors.

You'll have to work fast or else the acrylic will be too hard and dry. Place the acrylic on the nail and bend it into shape.


Using nail glue, attach the 3D lace on the nail and cut off the excess. Add some pink dots on the top curve bits.


Using some pink 3D gel, create 3 rectangle strips and a ribbon. Space the rectangle strips out so it looks like a ribbon threading through the lace. Seal the acrylic and 3D gel with a top gel coat and cure.

Complete!



Here's the design I created on my natural nails. I did not use the 3D lace on my own nails because I was too tired after I've completed it. Instead, I covered the cream and pink joining sections with light pink pearls. Which one do you like more?


For the index and pinky, I managed to squeeze in a huge acrylic heart amd trace it with pink bullions. The pink rose on the heart is created by using 3D gels. I also used a light mint 3D gel to create some leaves around the rose. However the mint is so light it can hardly be seen.



For the right hand, I mixed a darker pink gel colour.






Fingers cross for Friday the 25th June when I will know if the IUI is successful....very nervous.

Comments (24)

On June 14, 2010 at 4:12 PM , Rhea said...

That's beautiful!!!! You must be so patient to be able to such wonderful nail art with such perfection!

 
On June 14, 2010 at 4:35 PM , Jin said...

Thank you Rhea! I enjoy nail art that's why I don't mind spending hours doing it. However, for everything else, I'm hardly as patient :)

 
On June 14, 2010 at 5:09 PM , Kae said...

Love the roses, so detailed!

 
On June 14, 2010 at 5:14 PM , Jin said...

Thanks Kae! I'm going to try repeating this rose with a lavander base.

 
On June 14, 2010 at 9:16 PM , Unknown said...

i love both on the fake nail and your natural nails. The threading is so sweet and cute omg!! but on your real nails, you make it more elegant and lady, and i love the pick rose heart, i dont know why but i i always have this feeling on 3D heart with beads around it,and am even excited when it's matched with roses.. @v@
Do it for me do it for me~~~

 
On June 14, 2010 at 10:23 PM , Jin said...

Hi Rachel, I am glad you like both versions! Yes, the hearts look so much better with bullions around it. When I made the hearts, it didn't look so outstanding, however once the bullions were added, the design just pops out.

 
On June 17, 2010 at 8:02 PM , Shanghainesedumpling said...

Hey Jin

These nails looks even better up close with lights hehe :) it looked very good already that night but i think in day light they look like more details are shown.

Good luck to your 25th :) I hope everything works out :)

 
On June 17, 2010 at 9:18 PM , Jin said...

Hi Ena, yah it looks better in brighter lights cos the colour is not vibrant. The pattern looks like it matches the dress you featured on your blog!

Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts for the 25th!
Hugs

 
On June 18, 2010 at 6:12 AM , Anonymous said...

Hi Jin! You always amaze me with your talent! I agree with Kae, I love the detailed roses too. They are simply gorgeous but I do have a soft spot for those hearts.... Beautiful.

Lots of good thoughts for the 25th! I hope you receive wonderful news! :) Danielle xxx

 
On June 18, 2010 at 8:19 AM , Jin said...

Thank you Danielle, I am glad I've added those hearts now. I was initially contemplating on just a sea of roses ;)
Thank you also for keeping me in your thoughs! I have been getting insomnia thinking about it. At the same time I have to keep reminding myself not to be overly excited or else I may get disappointed.

 
On June 19, 2010 at 10:13 AM , ThRiSzHa said...

awesome!!! i wish i have a talent like urs in doin acrylic..

 
On June 19, 2010 at 11:06 AM , Jin said...

Thank you Thriszha! I am very envious of your nail art talent especially your multiple layer stamping skills. I am terrible at it :(

 
On June 24, 2010 at 7:03 AM , Anonymous said...

I've everything crossed for tomorrow Jin, hope you receive the best news! Danielle :) x

 
On June 24, 2010 at 9:23 AM , Jin said...

Thank you sooo much Danielle *hugs* the last few days were horrible. I had the worst crams and lower back pain. Hoping for the best too :)

 
On July 2, 2010 at 12:15 PM , Violet LeBeaux said...

Absolutely stunning Jin! That so so beautiful and you are really inspiring me, now that we have the internet I'm going to buy a starter set of acrylic colours and try this out:D

 
On July 3, 2010 at 9:33 AM , Jin said...

Thank you Violet! You should give these acrylic roses a try. They are so easy to draw. I didn't even had problems drawing with my left hand! I am still wearing this set of nails after 3 weeks! These gel colours have amazing wear!

 
On July 20, 2010 at 6:00 AM , Anonymous said...

wow! that's beyond beautiful!

 
On July 25, 2010 at 6:08 PM , Anonymous said...

Hi Jin, Just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you - hope you are ok and I'm looking forward to your next post.... I would write more, but can't find an e-mail address for you and I won't hi-jack your comments. See you back soon :) Danielle xx

 
On July 26, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Jin said...

Thank you priincess!

 
On July 27, 2010 at 8:31 AM , Jin said...

Hi Danielle, thank you for keeping me in your thoughts :) *hugs* I needed a break after the failed treatment to just rest up physically and emotionally. I have been feeling much better and will definitely start blogging soon!
In the meantime you can contact me via jinjinadventures@gmail.com

 
On October 15, 2010 at 12:17 AM , Felicia said...

Hi JinJin, this is Felicia from singapore! I did a google on why acrylic powder is sticky/tacky and i couldn't find any reason but i came across your blog. Love your nail art! Its awesome! Can i ask are you a nail technician? I'm interested in taking up a nail course but i couldn't decide between www.the-pinkroom.com/ and www.ecsalonce.com/ coz both schools seems alright. Any tips? Thank you!

 
On October 16, 2010 at 10:04 AM , Jin said...

Hi Felicia thank you! I am not a nail tech but I'm really interested in nail art. When I get some time, I'll definitely go take up a course. :). As for the nail course, I am really not very sure. I have heard of both schools that you've mentioned but have not done any research on which one is better. There are a few Singapore nail art bloggers who are actual nail tec working from home that have graduated from the Pink Room. Maybe you can drop them a line. Their website link is on the right of my blog. Cynful Nails and Thistlebelle Nail Boutique.

 
On November 10, 2010 at 8:46 AM , Anonymous said...

nice share, good

article, very usefull for me...thank you

 
On November 12, 2010 at 10:43 PM , Jin said...

I am glad you find this article useful! :)