The past few weeks have been so crazy. I've started my next round of fertility treatment where I have to self inject needles into my stomach daily. I've not been scared of needles but injecting it yourself is totally different! The nurses were very helpful at the clinic. They allowed me to practise injecting into a fake belly and then teach me how to do it on the real belly hahaha. I'm now an expert in self injection! Only problem every morning is to find a spot on my tummy that haven't been pricked!

2nd crazy thing is that my home phone have gone all weird. I can only make local land line calls. If I try to call a mobile phone, or to other states within the country, it doesn't work at all! I've been complaining to my provider Eftel for 3 weeks and there have been nothing done! I'm really annoyed with them.

I'm building a new house at the moment and it's really frustrating dealing with them. There's been a lot of hidden items we were not aware of. Everyone I speak to gives me a different story.

Luckily I can always 'escape' into my nail room for a few hours and just concentrate on nail art. It serves as a getaway where I can forget all my worries and just focus on something I like.

This week's nail art consists of a lot of glitter, a revisit to my 3D gel collection and a new but easy to create nail art technique.

Nail Polish Used:
1.  Butter London - Chancer
2. Shiseido Maquillage - 56

I applied Butter London Chancer on all my finger nails except on the ring finger where I used Maquillage 56.


These are the other materials required. I used some yellow and silver rhinestones, red heart shape flakes and 3D Gel to mould the roses.


First I'll show you how to make this really simple flower using the heart shape flakes. I am using 3D gel over here but you can also use acrylic. Both the 3D gel or acrylic act as a paste to hold this flower design together.

Take a blob of 3D gel and place it on your finger nails. Using a pair of pincers, arrange the hearts around the 3D gel such that I forms a 5 petal flower. Cure this under the UV lamp and repeat the same process ontop of the original flower. This time, place only 4 hearts into the 3D gel. Press some gold bullions into the centre of the gel and cure under UV lamp again. You can seal it with some gel top coat and cure it again.


Taken under my table lamp.

Under filtered sunlight.


Under filtered sunlight but brighter. I love this red, especially the glitter! Only issue I had with it was that it didn't last as long as my other Butter London nail polish. After 2 days, I could already see visible tip wear. However, with some mending and top coat I managed to wear this for 2 weeks!


This is what I did for the other fingers. I kept it simple, adding some rhinestones except for the index finger where I used the 3D gel to mould a rose. I used a creamy colour 3D gel and added a tiny amount of red to it. I found the red 3D gel too bright, therefore I also added some black gel to darken it.




I have something very cute and sweet planned for the next nail art. Stay tuned!

Comments (15)

On June 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM , Unknown said...

Ah! i'm in love with your design, something that i will not thought of~ think i'll try it for my next design, hehehe...

it really sound crazy to inject yourself EVERYDAY! especially the feeling looking at your belly and there's plenty of injection.. >< but i do hope it works! :)

Oh so am i, doing nails make me temporary forget about things around me, and i'll either be happy and excited when i can come out with new stuff, or get frustrated for not achieving to perfection as i expected, haha...

 
On June 5, 2010 at 12:39 AM , Jessie Burkhardt said...

My company makes 3D gels and I'm always looking for great nail artists to feature on our nail art gallery: http://www.nsinails.com/nail-arts/category/balance-color-gels.html

Would you be willing to design some things for me if I sent you some product?

Jessie Burkhardt
Director of Marketing & Communications for NSI
www.nsinails.com

 
On June 5, 2010 at 12:59 PM , Jin said...

Hi Rachel, I am glad you like this design. It's really easy and simple to do. However if you use acrylic, you may need to work faster. Remember to show us when you've done it. ;)

 
On June 7, 2010 at 11:09 AM , Jin said...

Thank you Jessie!

Is there an email address where I can contact you by?

 
On June 8, 2010 at 11:23 AM , Anonymous said...

Hi Jin!

Glad to hear you are progressing with your treatment. I am still not brave enough to do that. I'm just hoping and waiting ;) I wish you all the best and hope I hear of baby news for you soon :)

Your nails are stunning. I adore the roses and flowers they are pure perfection. Did you order the Butter London polish on-line? That's so so pretty.

My nails are in terrible shape at the moment. They completely broke down and snapped off in freezing cold temperatures while I was away. I have nubbins :( Nevermind

I can't wait to see your next mani! That sounds lovely!

Danielle xxx

 
On June 8, 2010 at 11:59 AM , Jin said...

Hi Danielle, just went for a blood test and scan today. Looks like I have one good size egg! So we are ready now for the next stage of treatment. I just hope it won't be too painful. The needles I need to inject is getting bigger! I have so many needles at home I feel like a druggie! Haha

Thanks for the compliment! I bought the Butter London nail polish from Claremont. I am starting to love their nail polish.

My natural nails are not in a good shape too. I have a few cracks but managed to save them.

My next mani is ultra sweet. I've not done such a sweet look before. I did a sample trial on a fake nail tip and cannot stop looking at it hehe. I'll post it up as soon as I load the photos in my computer.

Jin

 
On June 8, 2010 at 1:14 PM , Anonymous said...

Jin, that's great news! I will think good things for you then!

Well, I am going to have to check out Claremont. Was it a beauty salon or gift shop?

I'll keep my eye out for your new post! :)

Danielle x

 
On June 8, 2010 at 2:01 PM , Jin said...

Danielle, it's in this shop called Le Boudoir. They sell international label clothing. It should be on St Quentin's Avenue in Claremont. Thank you for the good thoughts.
Hugs,
Jin

 
On June 14, 2010 at 3:37 PM , Rhea said...

Oh my god, you are very talented! That design is gorgeous!!! Love it :)

 
On June 14, 2010 at 4:05 PM , Jin said...

Thank You Rhea!

 
On July 2, 2010 at 11:11 AM , Violet LeBeaux said...

Oh that is lovely, I love the one with the large rose the most ^_^ I really hope everything goes well with your fertility treatments, self injections sound scary! *hugs*

 
On July 3, 2010 at 9:26 AM , Jin said...

Hi Violet, it's great to hear from you again. I'm glad you like the big rose. I had to redo it once because the first one I did was too large! Hehe My treatment was unsuccessful. :( I am resting up now and preparing for round 2. Not looking forward to more injections!

 
On October 5, 2010 at 6:52 PM , Anonymous said...

I am doing research for my university thesis, thanks for your useful points, now I am acting on a sudden impulse.

- Laura

 
On January 23, 2011 at 9:08 AM , (so)origi'nail said...

so beautiful!you're really talented

 
On January 24, 2011 at 9:02 AM , Jin said...

Thank you! You create beautiful nail art yourself too!