I've finally got myself a couple of bottles of OPI Suede to try. When matte nail polish just came out, I stayed away from them because I prefer a glossy finish. However, I figuered I could probably take the suede finish.



The novelty of this suede finish lasted 1 day. By day 2 I had to add some gold glitter and top coat to glam it up. hehehe Guess I'm still a glossy and bling girl after all!





I'm using my favourite gold glitter polish from Butter London. It's dense and intense, just the way I like my glitter polish!

Now to my exciting new hauls! I recently purchased a new nail drill. It's soooo much easier to remove product from my nails now. I feel like I was living in ice-age before haha having to manually file products off is hard work!





I also got 2 nail bits. The larger one is for removing products and the smaller one is for preparing the nail bed for gel and acrylic application. It's also extremely good at removing cuticles!

I also got this very cool gel kit. It comes in a pretty carry box.



This gel kit contains a few basic gel colours - Green, Yellow, Brown, Red, Blue, Black, Purple, Orange and White. It also comes with a jar of frosted pigment and powder crystal.



It also include1 bottle of Protein Bond, a tile (to mix your gel colours on) and a tool to mix your gels with.



Under the lid, there's also a removable colour wheel that teaches you how to mix different colours together to get other colours. There are endless possibilities as you can also add the frosted pigments or crystal to create a more shimmery effect. I only discovered after I've taken these pictures that behind this colour wheel, there's another wheel that gives you ideas about which contrasting colours will match each other.


Using just the blue gel, I did my toes and added blue glitters and small round glitters. I've already had this on for 1 week and it's still as good as new!

Comments (4)

On May 16, 2010 at 6:29 PM , Unknown said...

Fact of the day: Rachel loves Matte finis!^^ lolx..
i dunno why but i like matte nails, matte make up, it feel so mystery and elegant to me.. :p anyway, love the flowers on top of the.. 'greyish??' polish..

Ohhhhh, when can i get those gel/acrylic powder~~~~~ it's so damm expensive over here in retail, ggrrhhh...

 
On May 16, 2010 at 11:27 PM , Jin said...

I love matte make up as well. But I still can't get used to matte nail polish. Indeed gels are very expensive! I am so broke now after this new haul! hehehe

 
On April 5, 2011 at 10:58 PM , summertime said...

Hi just found your blog and I love it. I do nails too and am always looking for new things. Can I inquire as to how much the YN drill was ? Thanks and thanks for sharing all your great ideas and creations. :o)

 
On April 7, 2011 at 5:16 AM , Jin said...

Hi Eileen, thank you for visiting my site. The YN drill was about $800 Australian dollars.