My first tag from Shanghainese Dumpling!

If you were going to allow us to spend a night at your home, we’d like to know the following:

1. What books are on your favorite shelf?

My all time favorite books which I can read over and over again are all books by Roald Dahl, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden and all Sword Fighting books by Jing Yong.

My current favourite read are 1421 by Gavin Menzies, The One Hundred by Nina Garcia and Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual.

2. What DVDs are on your favourite shelf?

Mr Brain by Kimura Takuya
Sex and the City

3. What are your two favorite cookbooks?

The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
The Best Ever French Cooking Course by Carole Clements and Elizabeth Wolf-Cohen

I love french cooking as well as making ice-cream. Discovered 'The Perfect Scoop' from the web and rushed to the bookshop to get it. I've never regretted this purchase, cos home made ice-creams are the BEST!


4. Select 1-3 recipes you will cook for your special guests.

Hahaha my never fail dishes that I've made for many parties are Stew Apple Beef, Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings and Home Made Ice-Cream from 'The Perfect Scoop' (see above cookbook).

5. What will we be drinking that’s available?

In my attempt to keep healthy, I've got no sweet drinks at home. However I have coffee, wine and a huge collection of teas. My favorite tea shops are Mariage Freres and Ippodo Tea.

Comments (4)

On October 2, 2009 at 11:23 PM , Shanghainese Dumpling said...

That's so wonderful!!!
You read so many books!! I seem so shallow on that side. Maybe I could bind all my Shop Til YOu Drop magazines together to a book size :)

You sound like a really good cook Jin, I think this is the area i'm really lack of :) Strew Apple Beef sounds so yummy!!

 
On October 2, 2009 at 11:53 PM , Jin said...

Yes I love reading books. It's a habbit I picked up from my dad since young. I enjoy reading magazines as well. Which fashion magazine do you usually read?

Thanks for your compliments. Cooking for people I love and seeing that they enjoy their meal gives me great satisfaction!

 
On October 14, 2009 at 1:31 AM , Toothfairy said...

I love home made icecream! yum...
and yay for sex and the city! can't wait for the new movie!

*loves*

 
On October 14, 2009 at 11:03 PM , Jin said...

Hi Toothfairy thanks for leaving a comment! I cannot wait for Sex and the City 2 as well!