Lace nails are really getting popular now, however, as far as I'm aware, the Japanese have been using this technique for a long time. It's quite tricky to stick real lace to your nails. This is my first attempt and I'm only 60% happy with the result. For this nail art, I used nail glue to stick the lace onto my nails. The problem with it is that the lace pattern disappears once too much glue is used. It also disappears if you use too much top coat. Another problem is that the lace becomes VERY hard once it's in contact with glue or top coat. The lace bits sticking out at the edge of my nails keep getting caught in my hair, knit clothings and stockings!



Despite the above, I feel that lace nails instantly brings on the romantic feeling. It's very appropriate for weddings and special occasions. I recommend using them on fake nails and wearing it for a couple of days only. I've washed my hands several times now after getting this done last night. The lace is still intact and dries very quickly after getting my hands wet. The nail colour used this time is OPI "Isn't It Romantic?". It really is a romantic colour. I had to use 3 coats for this because the colour is very sheer.

Question now is how am I to remove the lace? I hope it comes off after soaking in acetone! hehe...




Comments (4)

On October 6, 2009 at 10:10 PM , Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Wow this is so pretty hehe I would wear lace, when I'm not doing so many bottles :)

 
On October 6, 2009 at 11:13 PM , Jin said...

Yes I love wearing lace as well. Not only on nails, I love lace on everything hehe. Let me know when you have a special event. I'll do up a set for you!

 
On November 17, 2009 at 12:38 AM , Lucy said...

The lace looks beautiful on your nails. Reminds me of figurines of fancy dressed ladies.

 
On November 17, 2009 at 12:38 AM , Lucy said...

The lace looks beautiful on your nails. Reminds me of figurines of fancy dressed ladies.