I'm so happy to create this set of nails for my friend who's getting married in 2 weeks time! Her favourite colour is orange and her summer wedding will have lots of orange tones throughout all the decorations and flowers.

Without even seeing what type of orange she's chosen, I went ahead and bought this nail polish from The Face Shop.





I was shocked when she handed me the wedding invite, because the orange colour from the invite is nearly a perfect match to the nail polish colour! Most importantly, the bride loves this colour.



We've decided on a gorgeous romantic lace nail design. It's also a great opportunity for me to revisit applying fabric lace onto nails. I think it looks a lot better this time compared to my previous attempt - See: Would You Wear Lace on Your Nails? Due to the bride's work, she's unable to have long nails. We've decided on a full cover fake nail this time as she can remove them easily herself and possibly reuse them again when she goes back to Japan for the second ceremony!





 

 

 

 
Heart shapped pearls were used instead of round ones. They're so pretty!

 

I love this lace look so much that I'm already planning to do a set for myself with black lace and a Tiffany blue nail polish!

Comments (11)

On December 23, 2009 at 3:02 AM , Anonymous said...

I really like this set!

 
On December 23, 2009 at 6:33 AM , Anonymous said...

Your friend will be thrilled with her wedding nails Jin, they are stunning! I can't believe just how well the orange matches the invite. You will remember to post a picture of the bride (if she allows you) and your beautiful artwork - won't you?

 
On December 23, 2009 at 7:48 AM , Jin said...

Asami: Thank You! I love this set of nails too. I'll start experimenting with different types of lace. By the way I'll be trying out one of your latest nail design for my next post!

Danielle: Yes it was such an coincidence that the colour just happen to match! I'll definitely ask the bride if I can post the pictures of her wearing the nails on my blog!

 
On December 24, 2009 at 12:03 AM , Unknown said...

I always wanted to add real lace onto my nails but i fail the 1st time, i'll definitely be doing this nails when i had chance to get softer lace to fit better, i want it to match with beige! always love this color.
But orange is also one of my fav color!^^

 
On December 24, 2009 at 2:28 AM , Jin said...

Hi Rachel, fabric lace gives it a lot more texture as compared with just stamping lace patterns on your fingers. You must try doing this again! I want to buy more lace too but the really good ones are very expensive! I've never really liked orange colour but I am in love with this nail polish. Will have to try it on myself soon!

 
On December 25, 2009 at 1:14 AM , Shanghainese Dumpling said...

This set is very pretty Jin :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family :)

 
On December 25, 2009 at 1:26 AM , Jin said...

Thanks Ena! I love them too. It was delivered to my friend on Wednesday and she was very happy with it! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your Family too!

 
On December 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM , suzieduck said...

this is really pretty. i just bought this nail color too! i'd like to try a lace design on day.

 
On December 30, 2009 at 8:30 AM , Jin said...

Thank you suzieduck. This nail colour doesn't look like much in the bottle but it looks very good applied. You must try this lace design one day! Look forward to seeing it on your blog!

 
On February 6, 2011 at 2:37 AM , Anonymous said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts

 
On February 8, 2011 at 12:38 AM , Jin said...

Thank you!