Sorry about the lack of posts lately. I've been busy running around the last few weeks with relatives visiting, doctor's appointments and work.

It's officially autumn now in Perth and the days are finally getting cooler. Both Danielle and I have been wishing for rain and dreary weather throughout summer. Our wishes were 'answered' just a couple of weeks ago in the form of a violent storm! It's one of the worst storms I've seen in Perth. Many houses and cars were damaged from the flood and hail. Huge golf ball size hail fell just outside my house making huge holes throughout my entire patio. I was lucky to have escaped the worst of it. Many more people and businesses were affected and the insurance company's phone line went berserk the following day. We're never going to wish so hard for rain ever again! :) It really was a scary storm.

Fertility treatment update. I've been told by my doctor that the past couple of treatments were unsuccessful. My body had no recation at all to the medication they gave me (except for the side effects). It made me very nauseous, tired with massive mood swings. I was extremely down the entire week after hearing the bad news. It just so happens that my aunty and uncle were visiting that week. They've been a great emotional support for me, having gone through the same treatment many years ago. We're now considering on other treatment options. It's going to be another emotional roller coaster ride :(

Back to this week's nail art. I've been wearing the gel overlay with antique 3D acrylic roses for 4 weeks with hardly any damage at all! I was very impressed with the lasting wearability of gels. . If you prep your nails properly, you should be able to wear them for at least 2 to 3 weeks (value for money and effort made creating the 3D roses). With some minor lifting and my natural nails growing out quite a bit, I reluctantly took them off after 4 weeks.

Some time back, I  purchased a few 3D lace nail stickers from Hong Kong but did not have a chance to use them. I've initially wanted to use the white lace stickers over pink nails but decided to go for a darker look this week.

Nail polish used - Colour Club Revolution (852) and Colour Club Pearl White (71)

Taken under fluorescent light:




 


Taken under filtered sunlight:



Comments (6)

On April 11, 2010 at 7:47 AM , Violet LeBeaux said...

*hugs* I hope everything works out soon for you Jin :( Your nails look beautiful, I really like the lace accents. I wonder did you find that the stickers were very durable? I bought some lace stickers for a special event a while ago and even with tip coats they kept peeling and flaking.

 
On April 11, 2010 at 11:54 AM , Jin said...

*hugs* thank you Violet. The next treatment is a lot more invasive and expensive! I'm really hoping it works.

The lace stickers I bought were very durable. I've actually worn this set of nails since Easter Monday and they were just as good as new. These stickers are made in Japan. The brand is called Deco Nail (www.deconail.com). They make one of the best quality 3D rubber stickers.

 
On April 11, 2010 at 3:04 PM , Unknown said...

Dear Jin,

Yes, the freak weather was really scary ...

Fertility - It doesn't matter, keep going & stay positive. You are still very young - your continuous faith will guide you.

Hey you're really creative, the nail designs are unique & pretty & I really like everyone. Your patience & perseverance is admirable :)


Take care always,

Aunt Eve

 
On April 11, 2010 at 6:22 PM , Anonymous said...

I agree with Violet! Your nails look beautiful. I love the lace accents also. Very pretty reverse manicure.
I am sorry to hear about your treatment. You are so brave. It's frustrating when you really wish and want something so badly and it doesn't come so readily. It will come. I know it. <3 xx

 
On April 11, 2010 at 8:19 PM , Jin said...

Hi aunty Evelyn, thanks for the encouragement! I will stay positive. I am glad you like all the nail designs. Let me know if you're interested, I'll make a set if nails for you!

 
On April 11, 2010 at 8:36 PM , Jin said...

Thank you Danielle, the lace stickers are really durable and easy to apply. It will instantly glam up any nail designs. I am so happy to receive so much encouragement from eveyone with regards to the fertility treatment! ;) Thank You so much;)