I'm trying to get more practise using gels to create a french mani. However, I didn't want to use the classic french manicure colours. I've chosen a black tip colour this time and pair it with antique looking roses.

Materials used to create this look:

The base was created using clear gel, black gel and a builder gel. I've also used a gel bonder to prevent lifting as well as a shining top gel to seal the entire nail and to make it look shiny. I created the black french mani last Tuesday. It took me 4 hours to complete! That's including time spent to remove the previous nail art and to clean my nails, cuticles and to prep it for the gel overlay.

I've also used white and 2 shades of pink acrylic to create the roses and 3 shades of green for the leaves. A darker shade of acrylic paint is also used to draw the veins on for the leaves. The 3D acrylic roses and leaves were created last Wednesday night and they took me 4 hours to complete as well. I was so tired on Thursday night I fell asleep the moment I hit the pillow hehe


My sister says they look like the roses on antique chinese porcelain plates :) These photos were taken on Saturday evening. That's nearly 4 days after I've made the gel overlay.


I tried creating some patterns on the black french tips by running the orange stick across it before curing the gel. This was done to all fingers except the thumb. I purposely left it black without any patterns just to see which one looks better.



Day 4, and my cuticles are already a mess! Good thing is that there are no signs of lifting yet. I'm trying to see how well this stays on the nail.

During the weekend I met up with fellow Perth blogger Ena from 'Shanghainese Dumpling' for dinner. She took some photos of my nails during our meeting at Subiaco. It was so much fun meeting up over dinner. We had such a great time chatting about everything under the sun, I think I ended up with a slight sore throat by the end of the evening hahaha! I've recently bought a tube of  Vitacreme B12 from Ena and she's also kindly given me some Vitacreme B12 Serum to sample. I've heard a lot about this cream (brought to fame by Japanese Actress Norika Fujiwara) and have always wanted to try it. I'll be using this cream for the next month or so and will let you guys know how it feels.

For more information about Vitacream B12 please visit - http://www.shanghainesedumpling.com
Ena is the exclusive distributor for Vitacreme B12 in AUS/NZ and there's an amazing link on her page showing the lifting and tightening effect of the new serum! The serum was only applied onto half of the face using a massage 'lifting' technique and you can see the effects immediately. Can't wait to start trying this serum :)

Comments (4)

On March 16, 2010 at 7:04 AM , Anonymous said...

Hi Jin! I agree with your sister! They are exqisite nails. You would have to have a lot of patience to create them. No wonder you were exhausted! The end result is so rewarding! Beautiful work! Would love to see them 'up close' :)

The cream sounds interesting. I will have to have a read about that! Glad you enjoyed your night out and found somewhere nice to go in Subiaco!! :) xx

 
On March 16, 2010 at 8:28 AM , Violet LeBeaux said...

Those are just stunning! I really love them, I would totally wear something like that! You inspired me to try acrylic sculpture again, I made some Alice in Wonderland themed nails with a 3d white rabbit and I didn't completely fail! ^_^ Thank you!

 
On March 16, 2010 at 9:47 AM , Jin said...

Danielle, this set of nails really worn me out. But when I look at it in the end, I feel that it's all worth it hehe! Hey considering that we are both in Perth we could arrange for a meet up. That way you'll be able to see them up close ;)

 
On March 16, 2010 at 9:53 AM , Jin said...

Thank You Violet! This set of nails have a vintage feel to it. It goes surprisingly well with a lot of clothes that I have. ;) I am so happy to hear that you've tried 3D acrylic sculpturing! You must show us the 3D rabbit on your blog!