Wow time really pass by so quickily! Jin Jin's Adventures has just turned 1 year old! A BIG Thank You to everyone who's been following and reading my blog. I can't express in words how much fun I had interacting with fellow bloggers who share the same passion in nail polish and nail art.

Looking back this past year, I've realised just how much nail art materials I've collected and purchased! Only last week, I was shocked to find out that my nail art station and table is running out of space to fit all my stuff! The year ahead, I'm hoping to experiment and to try more methods and techniques for creating nail art. I hope that you'll enjoy reading the post as much as I enjoy creating the nail art.

As for this week's nail art, I created a design to go with a purple dress I wore to a friend's engagement party. In my excitement to capture it before sun set, I've totally forgotten to clean the nail polish overflow around my nails! So please ignore the ugly bits hehehe

  I love the tiny sparkles in this Rimmel nail polish - 610 Pompous.
 

This is a nail polish I've picked up some time ago - Inglot 885. I love this white and have used it several times in different nail art designs.  The 3D flowers are created using acrylic powder. I had to dip the brush in the white powder first then the purple to create the 2 tone effect.

 

Comments (12)

On February 21, 2010 at 5:33 AM , Unknown said...

I like it!
Think it is happy! =D

Like the flowers very much.
Greatly done.

 
On February 21, 2010 at 5:50 AM , yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

Happy Anniversary! Your nails are amazing! Are the flowers made from acrylic? I've never tried it.

:B
~Tiffani

 
On February 21, 2010 at 12:04 PM , Jin said...

Thank you Thess! It is a happy design. Funny thing is that while doing this set of nails, I was watching a very sad drama. I was trying to keep my tears from dripping onto my nails. Hehe

 
On February 21, 2010 at 2:42 PM , Jin said...

Hi Tiffani, yes the flowers are made from acrylic. It takes some practice to get it right but once you start, you'll never regret it. There's so many different things you can create with the acrylic!

 
On February 22, 2010 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous said...

Happy Blog Birthday Jin! Well done! I love the mani, the flowers are beautiful. I would love a tutorial ;) Your work is simply stunning and your nails are getting sooo long! xxx

 
On February 22, 2010 at 1:57 PM , Jin said...

Thank you Danielle. I can't believe it's already been one year! My nails were longer than this before I filed it back. I was too afraid it might snap while I'm doing house work. Yes I hear you. I'll definitely do a tutorial asap! :)hehe

 
On February 24, 2010 at 11:12 PM , Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Happy 1 Year bloggersary !!! :)

I love the purple, i bought a rimmle recently but haven't got around to wear it yet :) i will some day :)

 
On February 25, 2010 at 8:37 AM , Jin said...

Thank You Ena. Which colour did you get? I find Rimmel nail polish to be a bit inconsistant. With the green one I used for my new year nails, it created heaps of bubbles. This purple one had no problem at all. However it doesn't wear as well. I seem to need to touch up the colour nearly every day.

 
On February 26, 2010 at 11:10 PM , www.pasjapiekna.com - Patrycja Strzałkowska said...

amazing !!! ohh :)

 
On February 27, 2010 at 8:09 AM , Jin said...

Hi PysiaPatrysia thank you for visiting and following my blog! I really like your nail art, they are so pretty!

 
On August 18, 2010 at 7:22 AM , Anonymous said...

Nice post! thank you for sharing this information. jin-lim.blogspot.com really got under my
[url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] bookmarked... Keep up the great site...

 
On August 18, 2010 at 8:26 AM , Jin said...

Thank you for book marking my site!