Hi everyone, I know this is late but Happy New Year!!! It's been a really eventful 2009 both at work and at home. I'm really glad to have started this blog to share my passion for nail art. Along the way, I've met some really great friends online! Thank You for following and reading Jin Jin's Adventures.

I've been wanting to post this new year nail design for sometime but I've not been feeling very well. I have a big mission to complete this year and no matter how much trouble and discomfort I've to endure, I'm determined to make it work. Last year, my doctor confirmed that I've got Polycystic Ovaries, which makes it difficult for me to have a baby. During the past 4 weeks, I've been going through many scans, tests, medication and blood tests (twice a week). The medication I'm taking to help ovulation is making me quite sick. I'm constantly tired and everything I eat have a milky after taste, sometimes I just don't feel like eating as I'm nauseous most of the time. So far, my first round of medication prove to be unsuccessful, the second round will involve a higher dosage. I'm bracing myself for another round of side effects and hormonal roller coaster ride!

Since I've started this blog, I've been posting at least once a week, however, due to my big mission this year, I may reduce my posting frequency. Some days I'm just an emotional wreck! hahaha It's amazing what a little white pill can do to you!

Anyways, I've been wearing this set of nails since new year. It's got lots of glitter flakes on it, exactly how I like to welcome the new year.....with lots of shiny, bright and wonderful wishes to everyone out there! Happy New Year!!!



 



 

Comments (14)

On January 9, 2010 at 2:57 AM , Unknown said...

I hope the second round of medication will succeed.. :)
but i read from paper saying that too much of nail polish will harm body, maybe longer break between each mani can help reduce some sickness?
Oh and so coincident i just finish doing my mani using the same polish 'green with envy'!! haha, our nails can communicate to each other.. :p
anyway i really hope things will get better this year to you:)

 
On January 9, 2010 at 6:30 AM , Himi said...

oh my gosh...good luck to you, wish you all the best > < hope the new dose won't make you too sick, you'll need your nutrition..let us know how you are when you can manage it =)
and, those are beautiful nails~ i also love the glitter ^_~

 
On January 9, 2010 at 7:54 AM , Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Jin!

I love your nails, they look gorgeous! More painstaking work for you to do this no doubt!!

I wish you all the best with your plans for a baby. I think you are extremely brave to go through this process! I don't know whether I could! My hubby and I have been trying for a year and a half without success, it's a painstaking wait each month and I am not getting any younger. Very scary!

But 2010 looks good as a number, so I am expecting great things! I hope you get wonderful news soon xx

 
On January 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM , Jin said...

Hey Rachel, there's definitely some telepathy going on between us! hehehe. Yes I will take your advice, I know too much nail polish is bad for the body. Thank you for the well wishes! HUGS

 
On January 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM , Jin said...

Thank you so much hitomi. I'll update as much as possible - both nail art and if I have any good news! I love the glitter too it's got a mixture of big and small flakes. The photo doesn't do it justice cos in real life it's really bling!

 
On January 9, 2010 at 11:03 AM , Jin said...

Danielle, this set of nails is really easy to make. The gold chains are actually 3D nail stickers and the flakes were so easy so apply. It took me only 1 hour to complete! (that's the fastest record!)

Thank you for the well wishes. I hope you're successful this year as well. I can totally relate to the painstaking wait you experience every month. We've been trying for 2 years without success and I finally decided to seek some help. There was some physical pain experienced during all those scans and tests but the emotional part is harder to handle. I am trying to not feel stress about the whole thing. Hope it all works out for the both of us in 2010!!!

 
On January 9, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Violet LeBeaux said...

*hugs* I hope everything gets better soon Jin, being sick can make everything so much worse :( Try not to stress too much, stay positive <3

 
On January 9, 2010 at 4:48 PM , Jin said...

Thank you so much Violet! I'll definitely stay positive ;)

 
On January 11, 2010 at 8:44 AM , Pam said...

These are really pretty

 
On January 11, 2010 at 7:30 PM , Jin said...

Thank you Pam!

 
On January 12, 2010 at 10:41 PM , Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Happy New Year to you too Jin, I really hope your 2nd set of medications will work... :) best wishes from us :)

 
On January 13, 2010 at 8:12 AM , Jin said...

Ena, thank you. I hope the second round works too!

 
On March 7, 2010 at 8:53 AM , jo.frougal said...

I just saw this post so my response is rather late, but I hope everything's okay with you now.
This mani is so fabulous, I'm constantly amazed at the designs you turn out. You put those stickers to good use, the chain looks very real.
Hugs!

 
On March 7, 2010 at 1:29 PM , Jin said...

Thank you jo.frougal, the chains look quite real! I've used real chains before and they get a lot of attention. I have been feeling better now. As I've just finished my second treatment with no success again. Looks like I'll have to move on to the next treatment option. Trying hard not to be stressed about it.