I've bought this OPI colour called 'Teal The Cows Come Home' for a long time, but did not have the chance to try it out. I kept getting distracted by other colours and nail art ideas that I've cold storaged this colour until this weekend. This evening,  I 've got a dinner picnic at the beach and the thought of the glittering blue ocean suddenly reminded me of this colour! It took me quite a while to think of what nail art to do with this colour and finally thought to pair it up with lots of gold!



 

Before applying  any nail colour, I always put on 1 coat of Ridge Filler, followed by a base coat.

  
After  the base coat is dry, place the manicure guideline stickers near the top the of nail and apply the top half with a white glitter nail polish. I'm using The Face Shop nail polish inWH003 for the first time. The above photo is showing 1 coat. As you can see its really sheer. I eventually layered on 4 coats to get to the desired coverage I like.



Remove the guidelines and apply 2 coats of 'Teal The Cows Come Home'. Allow to dry completely and seal it with top coat. After the top coat dries. Apply the following on the nails with nail glue. This time round, I've used lots of gold leaves, gold bullions and clear rhinestones. Always work from the centre of the nails outward so as to ensure that it's even on both sides. You can apply another layer of top coat when complete but this will make the rhinestones less bling.



 

 

 

 

 



Comments (6)

On November 29, 2009 at 10:56 PM , Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Hey JIn, I got that headband from price attack, they come in a pack of 2s, one is the turtle shell colour and another is black, it's very handy :)

You have very strong healthy nails!!!! :)

 
On November 29, 2009 at 11:52 PM , Jin said...

Thank You Ena. I think the nails look good because it's already got a base coat of ridge filler. In actual fact, they are yellowish in colour. Thank you for the info regarding your head band. I've been looking for one like this for a while.

 
On December 1, 2009 at 7:20 AM , Anonymous said...

I love the blue and gold together - gorgeous! How did you glue the stones do neat and perfect, must have taken you hours!!

 
On December 1, 2009 at 9:09 AM , Jin said...

Danielle, it took me 3 hours to complete this. Usually I will apply some nail glue to a small section on my nails first then pick up the rhinestones using a tweezer. For smaller stones or bullions, I pick them up using an orange stick dipped in a bit of top coat. I also use the orange stick to push the rhinestones into position.

 
On December 2, 2009 at 1:27 AM , ThRiSzHa said...

ohhh.. i love this look...if ever im wearing this kind of design i think i would just stare on my nails for the rest of my day...lol!! so FAB NAILS!!

 
On December 2, 2009 at 7:22 AM , Jin said...

Thank you Thriszha. The problem with this set of nails is that the gold bullions are very widely spaced out and therefore they drop out very easily. Since Saturday, I think 12 have fallen out so far! I have to replenish them every other day! Hehe